Properly Prep & Maintain Your Flawless Self-Tan
- Shower, shave and exfoliate before you tan. Upon application, your skin should be free of makeup, moisturizer and perfume.
- Apply Elixir while standing on a towel to protect your environment.
- At Tan Frenzy, we like to apply the Elixir after the shower, do hair & make-up, and then apply another layer of elixir to our legs, chest and arms if necessary.
- Shave 12 hours prior to your tan allowing time for pores to close or rinse with cold water after shaving. This will reduce dark dotting in your pores
when you apply elixir.
- Exfoliate rough areas when showering such as heels, elbows, and knees.
- Cover age spots and cuticles with lotion to avoid tanning these areas. Age spots will darken during the time of your tan if tanning elixir is applied to them.
- Avoid bar soaps or soaps with a high PH level
- Your tan will dry and smell gorgeous almost instantly! Allow your tan to develop for 10-15 minutes after application to get the best feel for your tanned result. Look your tan over and decide if you would like to darken it with another layer or touch-up spots you may have missed around your knees, ankles and sides of body.
- Wash your hands lightly so that your tan will develop naturally after you’ve waited the initial 10-15 minutes for them to dry.
- Enjoy your gorgeous glow.
Bronzed Beauty Hints
- When necessary, take a short, warm (not hot) shower using mild, non-scented soap and shave with a light touch.
- Pat skin dry and moisturize with a tan extender or mild unscented lotion.
- Exfoliate when necessary