Shower, shave and exfoliate before you tan. Upon application, your skin should be free of makeup, moisturizer and perfume.
Apply Elixir while standing on a towel to protect your environment.
At Tan Frenzy, we like to apply the Elixir after the shower, do hair & make-up, and then apply another layer of elixir to our legs, chest and arms if necessary.
Bronzed Beauty Hints
- Shave 12 hours prior to your tan allowing time for pores to close or rinse with cold water after shaving. This will reduce dark dotting in your pores when you apply elixir.
- Cover age spots and cuticles with lotion to avoid tanning these areas. Age spots will darken during the time of your tan if tanning elixir is applied to them.
- Spray your mitt with Elixir and gently massage elixir into your skin. Respraying mitt as often as necessary.
- A full-body tan is not always needed, sometimes you might only want to tan the parts of the skin others will see!. Use your mitt or precision brush to apply Elixir to your decollate and neck, knees, ankles, tops of feet, and hands. This is super quick and can be done before heading out the door.
- If you have just shaved, apply Elixir going down the skin. Moving your hand up the skin could leave dark spots in your hair follicles.
- Tan the inside of the arms lighter than the front to achieve a more natural look.
- Do not spray skin directly with perfume after Elixir application.
- You may need to raise one arm above your head and then the other to apply solution under the breast so that there are no white marks in the that area.
- Lunge or lean forward to fill in any white space under the glutes.
- Use a baby wipe to clean underarm after tanning.
Hands & Feet Application:
- Carefully apply to tops of the hands and feet so that you do not have “over application” in these areas. Bend your fingers and toes when applying so that Elixir fills in all lines at the knuckles.
- Clean Elixir off nail beds and cuticles.
- Apply a face cream of choice to any brown/age spots you want to camouflage prior to your tan.
- Apply Elixir onto a face blender and apply or mix your favorite foundation with the Elixir for a flawless dewy look that will match your tan perfectly.
Your tan will dry almost instantly! Allow your tan to develop for 10-15 minutes after application to get the best feel for your tanned result and then add more if you want a darker tan. Touch-up spots you may have missed around your knees, ankles and sides of body.
Wash your hands lightly after you’ve waited the initial 10-15 minutes for them to dry.
Bronzed Beauty Hints
- Take short, warm showers using mild, non-scented soap and shave with a light touch.
- Pat skin dry and moisturize with a tan extender or mild lotion.
- Exfoliate off using a washcloth in the shower when ready